½ Loaf bread
1/3 Cup pecans or walnuts
½ Cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 ¾ Cups milk
2 tsp. vanilla
Maple syrup, for serving
1) Grease a 13×9 baking dish (I recommend Pampered Chef Rectangular Baker or the Rectangular Baker-Cranberry)
2) Slice bread into 1 inch cubes (Pampered Chef’s Cutting Board makes measuring easy and protects your blades).
3) Chop nuts (I recommend the Pampered Chef’s Food Chopper)
4) In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and chopped nuts (I recommend Pampered Chef’s Measure-All Cup, Adjustable Measuring Spoons and Mix ‘N Scraper to make this step a snap.)
5) Arrange half the bread in a single layer in the bottom of the baking dish; sprinkle with half the cinnamon-brown sugar mixture. Add a second layer of remaining bread and sugar mixture.
6) In a large bowl (I recommend Pampered Chef’s Bamboo Fiber Mixing Bowls, Classic Batter Bowl or the Stainless Mixing Bowls), whisk (I recommend Pampered Chef’s Stainless Whisk) together eggs. Add vanilla and milk; whisk together thoroughly.
7) Start with the edge and work your way to the center, pour the egg mixture evenly over cubed bread. With a spatula (I recommend Pampered Chef’s Mix ‘N Scraper), gently press down on the bread to coat it with the egg mixture. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours.
8) Heat oven to 350*. Bake casserole covered for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking until casserole turns a golden brown, usually 30 MORE minutes.
9) Serve casserole warm with maple syrup drizzled over it.